Search This Blog

Wednesday 8 April 2015

Chunky Broth Mash potato


You are most probably wondering... Huh? Chunky Broth Mash potato?? It's quite simple and amazingly good! Having an intolerance to gluten, I try to use my starch as much as possible, in the best and healthiest ways possible. So, I tried for the first time this simple recipe and not only does it work, but I think I'll stay loyal to this one!

If you are like me, all my broth is homemade. I still don't understand how some cooking shows, such as on Food network, feature Chefs cooking with store bought stock. Don't get me wrong, for a handy item, in a quick moment it's convenient, but when needed in bigger batch, homemade is definitely the best way. Besides, with all the added artificial ingredients, why wouldn't you make yours.. plus it's so simple!

Back to the starch, this recipe is very simple, gives you a decadent mashed potato without using cream or butter. How so?

Simple... I boil my potatoes in my ready homemade stock. That way, all the flavors I need combined with the natural fats of meat gives this recipe a thumbs up. It's quick, easy and amazingly good!


How to:
Russet potatoes washed, leave skin on chopped in small cubes
Fill a pot with potatoes
Cover potatoes with stock (Beef, Pork, Chicken etc.) and include some fat that condensed 
Boil till the potatoes are very tender
Keeping the potatoes in the pot, cover with lid leaving a gap and pour out 1/2 liquid*
Gently mash potatoes 
Season with Salt/pepper to your liking

*Depending how you like your mashed potatoes, chunky or creamy, manage stock when pouring... 
Creamier is more stock in..
Chunky is less stock in..

Et voilà


Enjoy
Sincerely
T @stuffedfaces


No comments:

Post a Comment